Office of the Treasurer
The Office of the Treasurer manages the University's auxiliary operations (campus store, dining services, vending, ID card office, mail services, rentals and leases of equipment and property); cash and short-term investments; risk management and insurance; and investments. The Treasurer's Office is also responsible for generation of non-tuition income and ways to create cost efficiencies.
This strategic initiative is important in further strengthening the University’s financial position by diversifying the sources of revenues and by providing long-term cost saving initiatives for the University.
The basic tenets of this initiative focus on revenue generation, cost savings, and customer service.
University Insurance/Risk Management
- Negotiate insurance coverage and premiums
- Process requests for Certificates of Insurance
- Manage all claims with agent
- Handle all in-house claims settled by the University
- Develop budget for claims and risk management
- Mail services
- Laundry and contracted cleaning
- Student retail laundry service
- Cell phone contract
- Management of leasing arrangements
- Off-campus rentals of property
- Short term cash management/investments
- Bond financed construction/capital projects
- Special endowment: Hartford, West Hartford and Carney Scholarships
- Wires and ACH transactions
- Managing and administering contracts with financial institutions
- Debt management
- Primary contact for all CHEFA financing and projects
- Reporting on all investments