The Procurement Department works with members of the University community to purchase various goods and services for use on campus and offsite. These products help support 7,000 students and 1,800 faculty and staff members. The University maintains more than 40 buildings, including classrooms, labs, studios, dining venues, athletic and recreational facilities, galleries, libraries, and residences.
Hours of Operation:
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
The Procurement Department is located in the Facilities Office, in the Operations Building. Click here for Campus Maps.
The Procurement Department is responsible for managing the procurement tools and processes on a University-wide basis, including negotiations, contracts and legal agreements associated with the acquisition of goods and services that support the University of Hartford's educational, research, and community-support initiatives. We encourage you to use the services provided to ensure that you are receiving the best products, services and prices.
- Art Equipment & Supplies
- Athletics Equipment & Supplies
- Audio Visual Equipment & Supplies
- Catering Equipment & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Communication Equipment & Supplies
- Computer Equipment & Supplies
- Data Processing Equipment & Supplies
- Electrical Equipment & Supplies
- Floor Covering
- Food Service Equipment & Supplies
- Grounds & Building Maintenance
- Hardware and Software
- Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Laundry Equipment & Supplies
- Lodging & Hospitality
- Major Project Coordination
- Medical/Lab Equipment & Supplies
- Motor Vehicles Equipment & Supplies
- Moving Services
- Music Equipment & Supplies
- Office Equipment & Supplies
- Paint Equipment & Supplies
- Paper Products
- Photocopiers Equipment & Supplies
- Photographic Equipment & Supplies
- Plumbing Equipment & Supplies
- Police/Fire/Safety Equipment & Supplies
- Printing Equipment & Supplies
- Promotional Items
- Textiles, Domestics & Notions
- Time Recorders & Clocks
- Trophies, Plaques, Awards
- Window Treatments
Purchasing Goods and Services
There are a number of methods available to purchase goods and services on behalf of the University. This summary is to provide guidance on which method to use under various circumstances. For more detailed instructions on making purchases on behalf of the University, please see the How To section below.
A Blanket Order may be used to purchase goods and services when only the estimated amount of money to be spent over a specified period of time is known (e.g. service and maintenance contracts).While a representative list of items to be purchased should be identified, the actual quantities and type of items as well as specific prices may be unknown when the purchase order is established. In addition, Blanket Orders may be used to purchase goods and services when an annual contract is in place, which may require monthly or quarterly payments (e.g. leases).
An Order for Check is generally used to request payments for expenses to vendors that cannot be accommodated through the use of a Purchase Order. This form is managed and reviewed by Accounts Payable / Financial Accounting. The following is a list of items that may be purchased using an Order for Check:
- Travel Advances
- Goods/Services that have already been received and/or completed without a prior Purchase Order (there must be justifiable circumstances as to why a Purchase Order was not initiated, and such orders will be reviewed by both Financial Accounting and the Procurement Department)
P-Cards cards should generally only be used for travel expenses, conference registrations, dues, memberships, subscriptions (excluding software subscriptions), and for minor purchases such as supplies.
Going forward, some of the University’s larger vendors (e.g. Aramark, WB Mason, Crystal Rock) will not require a P-Card number when a purchase is made. Employees placing an order will simply provide department/account information, and those vendors will provide a summary bill each month to be paid by the Accounts Payable Department.
Cash Advances may be granted to regular full-time/part-time, University employees, or student agency organizations, for out of pocket expenses expected to be incurred that cannot be paid by a University P-Card. A single advance should not exceed $750 and must be reconciled using a Travel and Expense Voucher within 30 days of the conclusion of the trip or event. Cash Advances are managed and reviewed by Accounts Payable / Financial Accounting.
Bakery.com can deliver anywhere in the continental US and is offering students, faculty and staff of The University of Hartford 10% off any online bakery purchase. When ordering, use the code "UHART" for the discount.
We offer 15% discount on transmission and general repair services. See details on offer. Visit 133 Pitkin Street, East Hartford, CT 06108. Phone: 860.289.7753.
Student discount advantage program available. 10% discount on lowest applicable rail fare. Must book three days in advance. STUDENTS ONLY. Phone: 877.256.4672.
Students, faculty and staff can also go to amtrak.com website and check for discount deals and promotions.
Contact Sean Riley for special pricing. Phone: 203.443.0779.
Offers 10% discount to all students, faculty and staff at the University of Hartford. This discount is good only at 1487 Albany Ave, Hartford, CT 06114, Phone: 860.520.1339. AutoZone will deliver to the University of Hartford campus. Discount not good on oil, antifreeze, freon, and existing specials. Must show University ID.
Employees can save up to 25% OFF Base Rates at Avis. Click on the link below or call 800.331.1212 and use discount code AWD#: D134118.
- Offer: UP to 25% OFF Base Rates
- Code: AWD#: D134118
BATTISTON'S FABRIC CARE SPECIALISTS
All University of Hartford Faculty, Staff and students will receive a 15% discount on all incoming dry cleaning orders at the Bloomfield, Windsor and South Windsor store locations. University ID must be shown during drop off and this offer cannot be combined with any other coupons or discounts.
Enjoy huge savings on products like, HD displays, laptops, tablets, printers, video games, and appliances. The University of Hartford ID is MID-826869.
BLOOMFIELD BICYCLE AND REPAIR SHOP
15% off accessories. Ask for Walt. Phone: 860.242.9884.
BLOOMFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Procurement Department in conjunction with Chris Grant in the External Relations Department, have been working with the Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce to identify partnerships with area businesses. These partnerships will allow faculty, staff and students to receive discounts on the services the businesses provide. In order to receive your discount you will be required to show your University ID when requested.
THE JOHN BOYLE COMPANY
Paint, decorating, flooring, carpeting, window treatments and supplies.
- Show your University ID to receive the contractor discounted pricing. Mention UHART to establish personal account (automatic UHART discount).
- Contact Ron or Tony: Phone: 860.243.9521. Visit 550 Cottage Grove Road, Bloomfield, CT 06002.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All University of Hartford Faculty & Staff have the opportunity to enroll for a complimentary Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card. As a Brooks Brothers Corporate Member, you will receive an everyday 15% savings on regularly priced merchandise.
Employees can save up to 25% OFF Base Rates at Budget. Click on the link below or call 800.455.2848 and use discount code BCD#: Z408913.
- Offer: Up to 25%OFF Base Rates
- Code: BCD#Z408913
Special online ticket ordering available.
CHIMIRRI'S PASTRY SHOPPE
- 1075 Silas Deane Highway, Wethersfield Shopping Center, Wethersfield, CT
- Phone: 860.529.2527.
- 10% off any order, must show University ID.
CONTOURS SPA & WELLNESS
- 2 Bestor Lane, Bloomfield, CT
- Phone: 860.243.0340.
- 20% off all new guests first visit.
Purchase Broadway tickets at 30-50 percent off. Note: The discount offers on the web site change throughout the month.
Welcome to Corporate Shopping Company! Special pricing for employees at over 200 of the world's most popular retailers -- everyday discounts, private offers and Friends and Family events. A few top partners include: Costco, Lands’ End, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers, J.Crew, 1800Flowers, ProFlowers, Restaurant.com, Shoes.com, Avis, Hertz & more.
Register now and enjoy incredible savings! It’s easy…simply click on the link below for instant access from both work and home: corporateshopping.com/login/hartford
Discount on membership for faculty and staff.
CREATIVE REALTY OF CT, LLC
All University of Hartford faculty and staff are offered
Please contact Thomas J. Perra.
- Phone: 860.463.1694.
- Email. email@example.com
Crystal Rock will provide employee's with a discount offer for home delivery. Click for details
Please Contact Steve Lopes for pricing.
DELL COMPUTER CORPORATION
2 percent member discount on your purchase. Free 2nd day delivery.
5 percent gift card from Dell Advantage Program. 6-12 months no interest from Dell. Terms subject to change. Click for details.
The University of Hartford has a corporate partnership with Enterprise Rent a Car and National Car Rental for both University travel, and now, a discount program for leisure travel that does not include insurance. By entering the appropriate codes listed below when prompted on the Enterprise or National website, you will receive set discounted rates across the United States. You can also reserve vehicles at your local Enterprise or National office providing the same codes.
University Business Travel Only
Enter code XZ48266 into the contract ID or corporate ID field and use the PIN “uha” when prompted to receive the discounted rate.
Enter code XZ48267 into the contract ID or corporate ID field and use the PIN “uha” when prompted to receive the discounted rate.
(Local taxes and airport fees may apply)
Contact Michael Ewart, Business Rental Sales Executive,
Michael.D.Ewart@ehi.com. Phone: 860.573.2495.
Special rate of $6.50 per day, $34.75 per week and 1 free day of parking when you present card. Click for card
Show University ID to receive discount of 15% on select merchandise. Harry Jack Gray Center. Phone: 860.768.4801. Read More
Offers 40% off tag prices and repairs. 20% off watches.
Cannot be combined with any other offers. Visit any of our 3 locations
West Hartford, Vernon & Enfield. Read More
15% discount for all University of Hartford students, faculty & staff. Doesn't include sale and repair items. Must show University ID. Read More
THE HARTT COMMUNITY DIVISION
Show University ID to receive discount of 10% on classes in all locations - West Hartford, Hartford and Simsbury. The School offers a free ticket to any Hartt Collegiate event.
HEATHER'S FINE JEWELRY
$35% off your purchase of $100 or more.
- $10 off any gold or platinum jewelry.
- * $100 off any diamond ring purchase of $500 or more.
- *Excludes reduced priced items, Chamilia, Biagi, and Alex & Ani.
- Deals cannot be combined. Visit 34 East High St, East Hampton, CT
- Phone: 860.467.4848. or visit us on facebook! www.facebook.com/HeathersFineJewelry
Employees can save up to 25% off Base Rates at Hertz. Call 800.654.2210 and use the discount code CDP#: 2159157.
In partnership with CampusHP, this website for students, faculty and staff includes full business-class hardware and software support at special discount price. Student Care Support and Accidental Damage Protection is offered on all HP laptops on this site.
Show University ID at time of purchase for autos, service and parts discount.
Contact Mark Margolis, Sales Consultant. Phone: 860.658.3354.
IMMACULATE CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CLEANING SERVICES
Offers 10% off orders of $150 or more when the promo code "Hartford Hawks" is used. Call Bruce Phone: 860.623.5555.
Discounts include 10% off supplies and 40% off custom framing to all Students, Faculty and Staff. Must present a University of Hartford ID prior to purchase to have your Artist Club Card issued. Discount is good on any regularly price item and cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Framing discount is good on any new, complete, incoming order and cannot be used towards specials or ready-made frames. Located at 1109 New Britain Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06110 or visit us on the web at www.yourartsupplies.com.
- Phone: 860.232.0073
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOS. A. BANK CLOTHIERS
Show University ID to any JoS. A. Bank Clothiers to receive a corporate discount card. Card may be used at any location nationwide and is also good for internet purchases at www.josbank.com.
Offers an online corporate discount ticket program. Offers valid beginning March 1, 2018.
Group Sales Office Manager
Phone: 860.583.3300, Ext.6906.
Offers discounts to students, faculty and staff on its entire product line of up to 10%. Pricing subject to change. Check back frequently.
Phone: 877.222.6426, ext. 2056.
Liquid Nirvana will offer a 15% discount to University of Hartford students, faculty, and staff (must show UHart ID) at Liquid Nirvana Juice Bar in Avon or Glastonbury.
- Glastonbury: 2333 Main Street, Glastonbury, 06033, Phone: 860.430.9255.
- Avon: 39 East Main Street, Avon, CT, Phone: 860.404.2479.
- Instagram: @liquidnirvana
Higher education students, faculty and staff with a valid student ID may receive 10% discount on PC hardware and software unless it's already on sale. Visit Microsoft Store, 211 West Farms Mall, Farmington, CT 06032. Phone: 860.507.2660.
You will receive $3.00 off regular priced ticket. With the discount the cost of the ticket will be $25.00. Please show the staff at the Theater your University of Hartford ID.
OLIVE & COCOA
Olive & Cocoa specializes in unique, design driven gift crates and floral arrangements. Our gifts are gracefully packaged inside handcrafted wood boxes and dressed with a satin ribbon and an elegant gift card. From gourmet food crates, to timeless executive gifts, inspired décor, whimsical fashion accessories, and luxurious spa items, our gifts have been carefully selected to offer a refreshingly modern approach to traditional gift giving.
Contact Jessica Cartright for custom service and discounts.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 800.538.5404 x 154
We are excited to present our latest employee discount newsletter. Please click here to view the most current deals. Phone: 888.632.1103 ext 7004 for assistance.
Use login "Hartford" to view exclusive discounts on an Orlando vacation.
PLAYHOUSE ON PARK
Show University ID – $10 student rush 15 minutes prior to curtain if seats available.
CASH ONLY. Discounts vary show to show.
Visit 224 Park Road, West Hartford. Phone: 860.523.5900.
QUASSY AMUSEMENT PARK & WATERPARK
Quassy Amusement Park & Waterpark is celebrating 110 years of operation and will be ushering in a huge waterpark expansion, debuting the Category 5 Rapids Raft Rides. With a combined length of more than 1,000 feet, these three water raft rides will take Splash Away Bay to the next level.
Email Tracy Johnson at Tracy@quassy.com for additional information.
RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN
Show University ID for a minimum 10% discount. Restrictions apply. Offer valid in CT and MA only.
Home Furnishings Consultant
THE SIMSBURY INN
- University of Hartford Rate: $159.00 School Year’s 2016 -2017 / 2017-2018.
- Overnight stay, Complimentary Continental Breakfast, WI-FI, Parking, and Health Club.
- Evergreen’s Restaurant and Twig’s Lounge Dinner Discount 15% on food service.
Contact: Lynn A. McCormack, Corporate Sales Manager, Phone: 860.392.0312.
Selling authentic, signed memorabilia and licensed unsigned merchandise over the Internet since 1996. All University employees receive a 10% discount on all orders. Contact Michael Dressel.
TICKETS AT WORK
Check out the corporate rewards and incentives from TicketsatWork. Click for details.
Please view the March Savings Bulletin. Click for more info.
Use company code: Univhartford to become a member.
TOWN FAIR TIRE
15% off the next purchase of tire or wheels. Print out the flyer and bring to any store location and present it to the salesman at time of purchase. Please show University ID.
WADSWORTH ATHENEUM MUSEUM OF ART
Free admission for students, faculty, and staff. Additional $3 fee for all visitors during the Festival of Trees & Traditions. Must show University ID.
WINGS TRAVEL GROUP
Wings Travel Group is pleased and honored to be working with the University of Hartford's Staff, Alumni and Students via your webpage. We have 3 offers for 2018. Please reach out to Wings by email: Vacation@WingsTrips.com and mention UOH 2018 Promo Offers in your subject line or call our Vacation Department at (866) 71-WINGS. We look forward to helping you fulfill your Vacation Dreams.
Z AIRPORT PARKING
Special Rate of $5.95 per day and 7th day FREE.
This rate is good for both business and personal travel.
It is also good for either valet or self-parking.
To make reservations online log onto: www.zairportparking.com and use the promo code UOFH (all caps)
For offer details contact:
- Steve Bemis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Z Airport Parking
3 International Drive
East Granby, CT 06026
- All purchasing activity goes through the Procurement Department. Vendor contacts and contracts are the responsibility of the Procurement Department. Contact us first. We will explain the policies and direct you to other departments if appropriate.
- Only the Procurement Department has the authority to approve an order on behalf of the University of Hartford. Any orders placed by individuals without Procurement Department approval will not be valid and will be a personal transaction between the vendor and the individual. This includes contracts.
- Our purchasing is conducted on a competitive basis. These rules apply: (1) up to $1,499, the quoting person and date are noted on the requisition; (2) up to $2,999, one quote is required; and (3) over $3,000, at least three (3) bids are required.
- Bids are assigned a time and due date. Bids can be submitted by mail, fax, or by e-mail. All bids are sealed. No tabulations or other information, other than notification of award, will be supplied. The University of Hartford is a private institution.
- Orders for goods and/or services should only be accepted with a valid purchase order number or purchase order signed by the Director or Procurement.
- Any purchases are to be FOB Destination and shipped complete, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Trial Equipment - Notify the Procurement Department of the trial and submit any forms that apply to the trial for review.
Terms and Conditions
The University of Hartford will not be responsible for any goods or services ordered without an approved purchase order that the Director of Procurement Services has signed (the "Purchase Order").
In these Terms and Conditions "Seller" means the addressee of the Purchase Order, "University" means The University of Hartford, 200 Bloomfield Ave, West Hartford, CT 06117-1599. Party means each of the Seller and University, and "Parties" means both Seller and University.
Shipment in whole or part of goods and services shall constitute acceptance of both this purchase order and each provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions. Unless the University specifically in writing authorizes otherwise, neither any oral statement nor any provision in the Seller's forms, letters, or papers changes, limits, controls or restricts these Terms and Conditions.
Seller must note, list, or post this Purchase Order's number on the outside of each package, and on each packing slip, invoice and allied paper to which this Purchase Order applies. Seller must cause a packing slip to accompany each shipment.
Seller is entitled to ship any item FOB DESTINATION / PREPAID or PREPAY AND ADD. Seller must not ship any item COLLECT or FOB SHIPPING POINT.
The University has a right to cancel all or part of this Purchase Order if delivery cannot be made within specified or mutually-designated time periods. Before Purchase Order placement, the Parties jointly must establish either any cancellation of any liquidated damages as the result of the cancellation.
Before Purchase Order placement, the Parties jointly must decide upon the treatment of goods in excess or short of the listed requirements on this Purchase Order.
The Seller warrants that all material, work, or merchandise supplied per this Purchase Order: (a) will conform to each specification, drawing, sample, or other description that the University furnishes or adopts, and (b) will be fit and serviceable for the purpose intended, of acceptable quality, workmanship, and free from defect. University is entitled to inspect those goods or services before indicating its acceptance. If a later inspection reveals a defect not readily apparent, then the University is entitled to notify the Seller of the defect, for return, replacement, or disposition.
Seller must obtain the University's permission before making any reference to the University in any form of advertising.
Discounts will be taken during the discount period with the receipt of material or invoice, whichever is later.
Items indicated on the face of this Purchase Order are exempt from the Connecticut Sales and Use Tax under sec 12-41 (4) general statutes, revision of 1958 as amended covering purchases of materials, tools and fuel, or are for resale as an integral part of a finished product, or consumed directly in the process of manufacturing or producing such finished product for sale. If the University uses those purchases for any purpose other than is identified, then the University accepts responsibility to report and pay the tax. The University of Hartford Connecticut Tax Exempt Number is E3588.
Seller must obtain insurance coverage in connection with any of the Seller's operations on University premises -providing certificate proof to the University immediately upon request - with the minimum following coverage naming the University as "additional insured" on file with the Director of Procurement Services, 200 Bloomfield Ave - FASB, West Hartford, CT 06117.
- Workman's Compensation insurance in accordance with the requirement of the laws of the State of Connecticut.
- Public Liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 aggregate $3,000,000.00.
- Property Damage insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 aggregate $3,000,000.00.
Seller is responsible to unpack and remove all packing material from the University premises of goods and/or services that Seller provides.
Seller is responsible to furnish all Safety Data Sheets (formally known as Material Safety Data Sheets or MSDS) and provide the necessary protection/precautionary measures according to federal and state laws and regulations. Seller must send Safety Data Sheets to any person or department that is listed on the order's "ship to" address.
Discount terms are acceptable. The University may pay by check, ACH, EFT, or CC, and the University also highly encourages its personnel to use the University's "P" card in accordance with University policy.
The University encourages the purchase of goods and services from minority business enterprises.
The parties agree to the following provisions required pursuant to Section 4a-60 of the Connecticut General Statutes:
(a) For the purposes of this section, "minority business enterprise" means any small contractor or supplier of materials fifty-one percent or more of the capital stock, if any, or assets of which is owned by a person or person: (1) who are active in the daily affairs of the enterprise; (2) who have the power to direct the management and policies of the enterprise; and (3) who are members of a minority, as such term is defined in subsection (a) of Conn. Gen. Stat. section 32-9n; and "good faith" means that degree of diligence which a reasonable person would exercise in the performance of legal duties and obligations. "Good faith efforts" shall include, but not be limited to, those reasonable initial efforts necessary to comply with statutory or regulatory requirements and additional or substituted efforts when it is determined that such initial efforts will not be sufficient to comply with such requirements. For purpose of this Section, "Commission" means the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities. For purposes of this Section, "Public works contract" means any agreement between any individual, firm or corporation and the state or any political subdivision of the state other than a municipality for construction, rehabilitation, conversion, extension, demolition or repair of a public building, highway or other changes or improvements in real property, or which is financed in whole or in part by the state, including, but not limited to, matching expenditures, grants, loans, insurance or guarantees.
(b) (1) Each party agrees and warrants that in the performance of this contract it will not discriminate or permit discrimination against any person or group of persons on the grounds of race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, mental retardation or physical disability, including, but not be limited to: blindness, unless it is shown by it that such disability prevents performance of the work involved, in any manner prohibited by the laws of the United States or of the State of Connecticut. Each party further agrees to take affirmative action to insure that applicants with job related qualifications are employed and that employees are treated when employed without regard to their race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, mental retardation, or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, unless it is shown by it that such disability prevents performance of the work involved; (2) each party agrees, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by it or on its behalf, to state that it is an "affirmative action - equal opportunity employer" in accordance with regulations adopted by the Commission; (3) each party agrees to provide each labor union or representative of workers with which it has a collective bargaining agreement or other contract or understanding and each vendor with which it has a contract or understanding, a notice to be provided by the Commission, advising the labor union or workers' representative of it's commitments under this section and to post copies of the notice in conspicuous places available to employees and applicants for employment; (4) each party agrees to comply with each provision of this section and Conn. Gen. Stat. sections 46a-56, 46a-68e and 46a-68f and with each regulation or relevant order issued by said Commission pursuant to Conn. Gen. Stat. sections 46a-56, 46a-68e and 46a-68f; (5) each party agrees to provide the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities with such information requested by the Commission, and permit access to pertinent books, records and accounts, concerning its employment practices and procedures as they relate to the provisions of this section and section 46a-56. If the contract is a public works contract, each party agrees and warrants that it will make good faith efforts to employ minority business enterprises as subcontractors and suppliers of materials on such public works project.
(c) Determination of each party's good faith efforts shall include but shall not be limited to the following factors: The party's employment and subcontracting policies, patterns and practices; affirmative advertising, recruitment and training; technical assistance activities and such other reasonable activities or efforts as the Commission may prescribe that are designed to ensure the participation of minority business enterprises in public works projects.
(d) Each party shall develop and maintain adequate documentation, in a manner prescribed by the Commission, of its good faith efforts.
(e) Each party shall include the provisions of subsection (b) of this section in every subcontract or purchase order entered into in order to fulfill any obligation of a contract with the state and such provisions shall be binding on a subcontractor, vendor or manufacturer unless exempted by regulations or orders of the Commission. Each party shall take such action with respect to any such subcontract or purchase order as the Commission may direct as a means of enforcing such provisions, including sanctions for noncompliance in accordance with section 46a-56; provided, if such party becomes involved in, or is threatened with, litigation with a subcontractor or vendor as a result of such direction by the Commission, the party may request the state of Connecticut to enter into any such litigation or negotiation prior thereto to protect the interests of the state and the state may so enter.
(f) Each party agrees to comply with the regulations referred to in this Section as they exist on the date of this contract and as they may be adopted or amended from time to time during the term of this contract and any amendments thereto.
(g) Each party agrees and warrants that in the performance of the contract it will not discriminate or permit discrimination against any person or group of persons on the grounds of sexual orientation, in any manner prohibited by the laws of the United States or of the state of Connecticut, and that employees are treated when employed without regard to their sexual orientation; each party agrees to provide each labor union or representative of workers with which it has a collective bargaining agreement or other contract or understanding and each vendor with which it has a contract or understanding, a notice to be provided by the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities advising the labor union or workers' representative of the party's commitments under this section, and to post copies of the notice in conspicuous places available to employees and applicants for employment; each party agrees to comply with each provision of this section and with each regulation or relevant order issued by said Commission pursuant to section 46a-56 of the general statutes; each party agrees to provide the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities with such information requested by the Commission, and permit access to its pertinent books, records and accounts, concerning the employment practices and procedures which relate to the provisions of this section and section 46a-56 of the general statutes.
(h) Each party shall include the provisions of the foregoing paragraph in every subcontract or purchase order entered into in order to fulfill any obligation of a contract with the state and such provisions shall be binding on a subcontractor, vendor or manufacturer unless exempted by regulations or orders of the Commission. Each party shall take such action with respect to any such subcontract or purchase order as the Commission may direct as a means of enforcing such provisions including sanctions for noncompliance in accordance with section 46a-56 of the general statutes; provided, if such party becomes involved in, or is threatened with, litigation with a subcontractor or vendor as a result of such direction by the Commission, the party may request the State of Connecticut to enter into any such litigation or negotiation prior thereto to protect the interests of the state and the state may so enter.
In order to look up a vendor in Banner please follow the instructions as noted below:
- Log into Banner
- Enter FTIIDEN –
- Click cursor in the last name field
Put cursor in Last Name field once the screen is open
- Place a % sign before and after the part of the name or word your are looking up. The % sign acts as a wildcard. Because the name may be listed in a number of different ways it is always preferred that you conduct a search using the % sign. Please remember that the search is case sensitive.
For example, if you were looking up John Watts the query would look something like this: %John%Watts%. This will allow the system, to give you a few selections that might fit your search criteria. If your search is too specific it may not give you any results. If the search is too broad you will receive too many results.
- Once you have entered the search criteria, hit “GO” or F8 to execute the search query. It will then search for matches to your criteria and give you the results of your search.
If your search comes up with multiple results, you may need to scroll down through the addresses to locate the vendor you are looking for. The search will give you the Vendor ID# for the vendor or person you are searching for. A valid university ID number will contain eight (8) digits.
If you see a vendor number that begins with a “G” that is an inactive vendor and should not be used. If you notice “Do Not Use” by the vendor name – do not use this vendor.
If you still cannot locate a vendor please contact the Procurement Department for assistance.
- Check ORG to ensure funds are available in appropriate line – FGIBDST
- Submit Journal Voucher for movement of funds (if necessary.) – FGAJVCD
- Begin Requisition – FPAREQN
- Enter “NEXT” in Requisition field
- Click Go
- “Tab” over to “Delivery Date” and enter info or select from icon. (1)
- (Please note – You should choose a date seven to ten days out – do not enter next day)
- Put the cursor in the “ORGANIZATION” field, enter your 4-‐digit ORG number.
- “Tab” until “EMAIL” is highlighted, enter your email address.
- “Tab” to “PHONE” field and enter your contact number.
- “Tab” to “SHIP TO” field and enter the 4-‐digit ORG code you are ordering for.
- “Tab” and info will populate address fields.
- “Tab” to “ATTENTION TO” field and adjust if necessary.
- Click down arrow in bottom left corner of screen or select the Vendor Information tab.
- Enter Vendor number in “VENDOR” field (if known) and “Tab” Fields will
- populate. If you don’t know the vendor number search FTIIDEN. (2)
- In “CONTACT” field, enter vendor point of contact, if known. “Tab”
- In “EMAIL” field, enter vendor contact email, if known.
- Click down arrow in bottom left corner of screen or select the Commodity/accounting tab.
WE DO NOT USE COMMODITY CODES SO PLEASE DO NOT ENTER INFORMATION IN THIS FIELD
WRITE DOWN THE REQUISITION NUMBER, found in the first field of the TOP LEFT of the page. This number is what you will use to recall, or search for status updates. Begins with an “R” followed by seven digits.
- Under “DESCRIPTION”, click the blue square and enter the description of the item into the field. Please be as descriptive as possible when entering this information. All items on the quote should be listed on the purchase order line by line, along with a quote number and date.
- “Tab” until cursor is in “U/M” field – enter appropriate unit of measure i.e. EA
- “Tab” to “Quantity field” - Enter quantity
- “Tab” to “Unit Price field” - Enter individual Unit Price
- If you are adding multiple lines please use the insert key highlighted below
- Check “ DOCUMENT TOTAL” field to make sure the dollar amount is correct.
- Click down arrow
Under Accounting be sure that the correct fund - org – and account code are being used.
If you are splitting an account you would use the insert key to add the additional information.
If you are charging multiple cost centers please use the insert key highlighted below
Make sure that the extended amount field matches the document total from the upper section of your request.
- Click down arrow or balancing/completion tab
- If the Input – Commodity – Accounting sections show a status of balanced – hit complete.
If this message appears on the top right corner after hitting the balance/completion tab you will not be able to complete the requisition because there is insufficient funds in this budget line.
You will have to exit the requisition and save what you have to move funds to cover the expense. When you hit the “X” in the upper left corner it will ask you if you want to save the requisition and you say “Yes”. (that is why it is important for you to write the requisition number down once it is established)
When requisition is complete:
Email email@example.com with the Requisition number in the Subject Line.
Attach the quote(s) and supporting documentation.
1 For a Blanket PO enter date for last day of current fiscal year.
2 To search for a vendor number, click the icon and click “ENTITY NAME/ID SEARCH”. “Tab” to “LAST NAME” field and enter keywords, separate words with the “%” symbol, no spaces. Click “GO” on the right side of your screen, Vendor number will be under “ID” column. Double click on the vendor number. Make sure the address is the same as the vendor address you are searching as their may be multiples.
In order to find out what the purchase order number is when the customer has only the requisition number please follow the process as noted below:
- Log in Banner
- Select document history (FOIDOCH)
- Enter “REQ” in the document type
- Enter the requisition number in the Document Code section (please be sure to use zero’s when entering this information and include the “R”)
- Hit Go
- The purchase order number will appear in the screen showing purchase order number as demonstrated above
- If there is no purchase order number in the purchase order field above then the process has not been completed
- If there is a letter “A” that means it is waiting in the purchasing queue to be completed to a Purchase Order
- If the requisition number has the letter “C” after it in status then it is awaiting further approval
- If there is no letter under status then the requester must go in and complete the requisition
- To check who has the requisition for approval log onto the Document Approval screen
In order to find out where a requisition is in the approval process please follow the steps as noted below:
- Log in Banner
- Select document history (FOAAINP)
- Enter “REQ” number in the document field
- Then hit “go”
- You will then see the various approvers and their levels
- If you click on the Queue ID it will show who can approve for level 4 and then click on level 5 who can approve the requisition
- Some requisitions will require multiple approval levels based on the dollar amount of the requisition
- Also, just a reminder that each approver receives an email twice a day reminding them that they have a requisition in their queue that requires their attention. These emails go out at 7:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.