Barney School of Business
Advance your career by earning two degrees from the Barney School of Business: the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Science in Business Analytics.
About the Program
The MBA/MSBA dual degree program is an attractive option for students who wish to combine two popular master’s degrees while reducing the number of courses needed to complete each degree. This dual program requires a total of 20 courses (60 credits) and graduates of the program are awarded their Master of Business Administration, as well as their Master of Science in Business Analytics.
In the MBA program, you are exposed to the knowledge, skills and values you need to become a successful manager. These concepts and skills apply to all types of organizations, including large corporations, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
The MSBA program is designed to give you a strong understanding of the fundamentals of analytics. With this degree you obtain the necessary quantitative, analytical, visualization and presentation skills to advance your career in the growing business data analytics culture.
Academic RequirementsFor more information, and to see a complete list of degree requirements, visit the Course Catalog.
You will need (8 core + 2 elective = 10 courses/30 credits). For more information, and to see a complete list of degree requirements, visit the Course Catalog.
- Introduction and Applications to Analytics in Business
- Managerial Statistics and Analytics
- Introduction to Business Analytics and Data Management
- Predictive Modeling
- Business Data Mining
- Strategic Business Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Business Analytics Capstone
You will need (9 core + 1 elective = 10 courses/30 credits Managerial Statistics and Analytics. For more information, and to see a complete list of degree requirements, visit the Course Catalog.
- Managing Organizational Processes
- Organizational Leadership
- Business Law
- Global Strategic Management
- 1 substituted graduate elective 3 credit(s)
- An on-line application
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 for domestic applicants
- Official transcripts for all collegiate level coursework
- A letter of intent as specified in the application form
- Current resume
- Official results of the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) forwarded to the University of Hartford using school code XBB-NR -73.
If you are an international student, please read about additional requirements.
GMAT waivers based on substantive work experience may be granted in extraordinary circumstances. At a minimum, applicants requesting a GMAT experience waiver must have at least 3 years of significant work experience and/or a GPA of 3.0+. Each request is individually evaluated through a personal interview.
The GMAT examination has a flexible schedule of test dates. Students may call test centers and arrange for individual computerized testing. The University of Hartford’s code is XBBNR25. Scores are available within a few weeks. GMAT scores are valid for five years.
|Per Credit Rate|
For more information regarding the Dual MBA/MSBA program, please contact us at email@example.com.