Application Process for International Graduate Students
At the University of Hartford, we pride ourselves on being an international campus that is large enough to include students from the United States and more than 60 other countries around the world, yet small enough to provide individual attention to all our students.
With only 15-25 students in a class, we offer an intimate learning environment that promotes discussions and active participation. Our professors are focused on your personal growth and will provide detailed feedback on assignments and opportunities to work on research projects in your area of interest.
International graduate education is an important part of our mission as a leading American university. We hope you will join our community and make the most of your education in the United States.
International applicants are required to submit the following materials as part of their graduate application:
- Application fee: International applicants, who incur the expense of having their non-U.S. academic degrees evaluated, have their $50 application fee waived; international students applying to The Hartt School are still responsible for a $40 audition fee.
- Guarantor's statement: A guarantor's statement with supporting financial documents from a financial institution with current U.S. dollars exchange rates within 6 months of enrollment.
- Transcript evaluation: International transcripts must be evaluated with grades by a NACES member credential evaluation service. Visit NACES for a complete list of members.
Once accepted, international students must submit their $300 deposit via the application portal prior to an I-20 being issued. The deposit is a prepayment of tuition and will be applied to the student's future tuition bill. If a student's visa is denied, a refund request can be emailed to email@example.com.
Graduate students are required to submit immunization records prior to registering for classes. This form is available from and should be submitted to Health Services.
Before you can register for classes you must secure a student visa to attend the University of Hartford. After you have been accepted and sent us your deposit, you may begin the process of obtaining an I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status" from the University.
The University is a SEVP approved institution authorized to enroll F-1 and J-1 students and scholars. For a step-by-step guide to applying for your visa, review the International Center's guide.
Some of our guidelines:
- I-20 requests are processed after a student has been accepted and submitted their $300 deposit. The deposit is a prepayment of tuition and will be applied to the student's future tuition bill. If a student's visa is denied, a refund request can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your I-20 is issued we will mail the I-20 to your permanent address and email you the FedEx tracking number.
- If you have already been issued a different kind of visa (H-1, F-2) or have a Green Card please email email@example.com to inform us.