At Hillyer College, you will get the advantage of pursuing your major with extra support. We respect different learning styles and a multitude of perspectives. Our small class sizes, mentoring programs, and an exclusive study center are just a few ways we help you make a smooth, successful transition to college.
- Small classes (a maximum of 18 students) taught by full-time faculty who are experts in their fields
- Courses catered toward different learning styles
- An academic advisor who is also your professor. You’ll have regular meetings both in and out of the classroom.
- Exclusive study center with access to peer tutors for drop-in meetings, a math lab, and a faculty-led writing center
- Academic strategies courses built into the curriculum to strengthen your study skills and help you explore different careers
- Mentorship program to support you throughout your first year
- Summer Bridge, a weeklong campus program designed to ease the transition from high school to college. Get a head start on academics an experience your new UHart community
YaAdam Fye A’06, ’07,
Hillyer College is home! Here, I found my voice. I embraced the authentic me, my worldly views and desire to contribute to my wonderful continent of Africa. It is with the empowering support and guidance from my Hillyer professors that I today continue to think outside of the box, take calculated risks and learn from both my successes and failures.
Wayne Lawrence, A’10, ’13
Choosing to attend Hillyer College was one of the best decisions I made. Hillyer helps students during the difficult transition from high school to college. It is great at fostering a sense of community and belonging for first-year students. To this day, I remain in communication with my classmates from Hillyer, and we have yet to stop our tradition of celebrating each other’s accomplishments.