The University of Hartford’s certifying Veteran’s Officials are located in the Center for Student SuccessThey are available to assist you with further details on the Yellow Ribbon Program as well as information on the G.I. Bill®, Chapter 33, Chapter 30, and other VA Benefits programs.

The "Yellow Ribbon Program" which is a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. Eligible veterans who are enroll in an approved major can qualify for tuition benefits up to the level charged by the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate in Connecticut. In addition, eligible veterans can also receive benefits toward the remaining amount of tuition through a matching program where the VA office contributes up to 50% of the difference and the University of Hartford voluntarily matches this amount through its grant and scholarship programs, not to exceed $8,793 annually.

Veterans should apply for these benefits through their VA Office and notify the financial aid, Registrar's Offices of their pending application so their financial aid may be coordinated accordingly. The Office of the Registrar handles all VA paperwork for the university and all certification paperwork should be directed to the "Veterans Coordinator" in the registrar's office.

For further information on veteran's benefits, students can contact the VA Office or Connecticut State Office of Higher Education.