Carolyn Bligh '87
"My invaluable education and life building experiences at the University of Hartford has been the foundation of my career and personal growth. Serving on the Alumni Board has been an honor, and has rekindled my affection for my alma mater. I have more school spirit, pride, and love for UHart than ever before. I owe it to the amazing people I am meeting, and the opportunities they are giving me to reconnect. Their support and friendship has been a blessing, and for that I am truly grateful. Excited about the future of our students, alumni, faculty, and staff, for we are one big sustaining family with an exciting future ahead."
UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD DEGREE INFO
- BFA in visual communications (formerly titled graphic design), 1987, Hartford Art School
CURRENT CAREER INFO
Director Facilities Design, Global Operations
PAST CAREER INFO
- Bligh Graphics, LLC
- Russell Gibson Von Dohlen, Inc.
Now know as The SLAM Collaborative in Glastonbury, Conn.
Director of Visual Communications
OTHER UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD ACTIVITIES/VOLUNTEER SERVICE
- HAS Alumni Forum
- Department of Architecture, College of Engineering, Technology, & Architecture
Annual guest lecturer, 2012–Present
- BAR 211 Program, Barney School of Business
Guest Speaker, 2014
- Construction Institute, University of Hartford
Past Board Member and Marketing Chair, 1994–2013
- Society of Marketing Professional Services (SMPS)
- Simsbury Economic Development
- Simsbury Economic Development Task Force, 2014–2016
- CREW CT (Commercial Real Estate for Women)
Communications Committee, Past Board Member, and Blue Ribbon Awards Chair, 2003–2016
- Saint Mary’s Church, Simsbury, Conn.
Eucharistic Minister, Catechist, & Mercy Shelter
Meal Volunteer, 2009–Present