Classes of 2020 and 2021 Will Celebrate Commencement This Weekend
More than 2,300 University of Hartford students will celebrate the completion of their degrees during the University’s Commencement Weekend, held this Saturday and Sunday at the XL Center in downtown Hartford.
We will honor the Classes of 2020 and 2021 on May 15 and 16 during five separate ceremonies to allow for social distancing and other COVID-19 precautions. The ceremonies will be streamlined to keep the focus on this year’s graduates, and members of last year’s class, who were unable to have a Commencement because of the pandemic.
Ceremony Schedule and Details
Each graduate was able to invite up to two guests to join them at the XL Center, and other families and friends are encouraged to tune in to the livestreams on the University’s website. The names of all graduating students will be read, whether they are joining us in person or celebrating with friends and family at home. The schedule is:
Saturday, May 15:
- 8:30 a.m.: College of Arts and Sciences
- 2 p.m.: Barney School of Business
- 7:30 p.m.: College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions
Sunday, May 16:
- 8:30 a.m.: College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture; Hillyer College; University Studies
- 2 p.m.: Hartford Art School; The Hartt School
Classes of 2021 and 2020 at a Glance
Class of 2021
- 840 undergraduate students and 382 graduate students
- Undergraduates represent 12 countries and 35 states
- Nearly 50% of undergraduates are from Connecticut
- Most popular undergraduate programs include psychology, marketing, health science, and mechanical engineering
Class of 2020
- 768 undergraduate students and 348 graduate students
- Undergrads represent 15 countries and 29 states.
- Approximately 40% of undergraduates are from Connecticut
- Most popular undergraduate programs include psychology, mechanical engineering, communication, and management