Updating Your Payroll Address for Year End and W2 Electronic Access

January 10, 2023
Submitted By: Mark White

W2 preparations are upon us. As the Payroll Department prepares, this is a reminder to please review your “Payroll Address” in Self-Service to ensure it is correct. The Payroll Address is the address that shows on your check stubs and your W2. We want to make sure that when the W2s are produced this month, we have the most accurate address to mail your W2 to. To review and make updates, please follow the instructions below:

  • Login to Self-Service
  • Click on the “Personal Information" tab
  • Click on "View/Update Personal Information"
  • Click the "Personal Information" button from the landing page
  • To make any updates click “edit” (this looks like a pencil) or “add new” in the upper right side of each section
  • Click "UPDATE" to finalize your change

Also, for active Faculty, Staff, and Students, you may elect to receive your Form W-2 electronically. To do this, please log in to the self-service site, click on the employee tab, click on Tax Forms, then click on Electronic W-2 Consent. By electing Electronic Consent, a paper copy will not be mailed to your “Payroll Address." If you decide you don’t want this feature in the future, this can be turned off by removing the check mark.

Upon separation from the University, your self-service will be inactivated in the Banner system. You will no longer have access to the Employee Self-Service portion and electronic consent will be removed so that a paper W2 can be mailed to you.

After you have consented to receive your Form W2 electronically and once the W2s for 2022 are ready, click on "W2 Year End Earnings Statement." Select the tax year from the menu and click on "Display."  You may print the form by selecting “Printable W2”. You will be asked to enter your PIN, (same as your password for self-service), then click on "Submit." A printable version will return should you need to print it to attach to your tax return(s).

There will be a UNotes announcement once W2s are available.

Thank You,
The Payroll Department