Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The President's Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In 2017, President Woodward formed a standing committee, The President’s Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The committee is co-chaired by Christine Grant, special assistant to the president for diversity & community engagement and Jane Horvath, senior advisor to the president and associate professor of economics in A&S.
The committee's charge is:
- To develop a definition of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- To create and manage a series of events that highlight diversity/equity/inclusion
- To take an inventory of what we have in place that supports diversity/equity/inclusion for students, staff, and faculty
- To thoughtfully consider new steps/new initiatives moving forward
- To formulate strategies for recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff
- To formulate strategies to retain diverse students
If you have any questions about this committee, please direct them to the chairs, the committee members, or to email@example.com.