Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The President's Steering Committee
The University of Hartford is committed to inclusive excellence where diversity, equity, and inclusion are embedded and manifested in all University activities and strategic directions.
The Committee's Charge
The President’s Steering Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is charged with the responsibility of leading, advocating, and assisting in the coordination of university-wide efforts to realize diversity initiatives and foster inclusive excellence.Recommendations for the President’s Steering Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Steering Committee is central to and will lead all efforts pertaining to diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University. The Steering Committee shall:
- Provide leadership in advocating for and advancing diversity initiatives and inclusive excellence throughout the University community.
- Serve as a resource to senior leadership as the University seeks to embed and layer diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice into its culture and in all University-wide activities and initiatives.
- Support and enhance our University’s identity as a welcoming and inclusive community that celebrates and draws strength from its diversity.
- Advocate for the development and implementation of programs and initiatives for students, faculty, and staff in order to support campus-wide efforts relating to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
The Steering Committee
|Christine Grant||Co-Chair||Jane Horvath||Co-Chair|
|Michael Kaselouskas||Staff||Jill Engel-Hellman||Staff|
|Sahara Williams||Student||Olga Sharp||Faculty|
|Ying Yu||Faculty||Tanya Bethea||Staff|
|Jen Conley||Staff||Nate Carr||Student|
|Sarah Hart||Faculty||Krista Hill||Faculty|
Our Working Groups
9 Members with 3 Subgroups: Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Reviewing University policies, practices, and procedures to assess their impact on our efforts to support and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proposing University policies and procedures that promote positive systemic changes in support of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Monitoring and supporting efforts to recruit and retain diverse populations of students, faculty, and staff.
- Monitoring and supporting efforts to expand the diversity of content within all academic programs
- Developing plans for ongoing assessment of our effort pertaining to diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University.
The Chairs shall meet monthly with the President and, as needed, with the Cabinet to update, review, and provide an assessment of the Committee’s work.
The Chairs shall present an annual report to the President and the Board of Regents summarizing the work of the Committee, evaluating institutional progress, and outlining future initiatives.
The President’s Committee is comprised of students, staff, and faculty. Staff and faculty terms will be staggered and student representatives are appointed to serve one-year terms. Members are appointed by the President.