In accordance with university policy, alumni are currently not authorized to access campus and therefore cannot visit the Libraries. However, we may be able to lend some materials to your local library via Interlibrary Loan, and we may be able to provide other services electronically. Contact your local library for Interlibrary Loan requests, or contact a Harrison Libraries staff member for other questions.
Alumni are welcome to use the Harrison Libraries. See below for policies and services.
- Alumni must obtain an alumni card - available through the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Alumni are subject to standard library fees for overdue materials, including a $15.00 nonrefundable processing fee in addition to the replacement cost of any materials 45 days overdue.
- Interlibrary Services are not available to Alumni.
- Alumni Interlibrary Loan requests should be placed through the individual's local public library.
- See the Libraries Borrowing and Renewing policies.
- Alumni may receive general reference help.
- Alumni may receive only limited assistance during high demand periods.
- See Library Instruction for more information.
- Due to licensing restrictions, most electronic databases may be used only within the Libraries.
- An online Research Tutorial provides an introduction to using basic sources in the Libraries.
- Desktop computers are available on all three floors of the Harrison Libraries building, and may be used to do research using Library resources such as the Catalog and Databases.
- Alumni may access the Internet and connect to e-mail. When all computers are in use, alumni and guests may be asked to give up their computers to current University students.
- Time restrictions may also be imposed on all users when spaces are full.
- See Computers and Laptops for more information.