Copy, Print, Scan
The Harrison Libraries provide copiers, printers, and scanners for in-library use by all patrons. See below for more information.
- Networked scanners that print, email, and save documents and images are available on each level (lower level scanner is in the Allen Library).
- Scanners support documents up to 12” x 17” in size.
- Use of scanner is free to email or save your files.
- Scanning to print is the same cost as regular printing (see below).
- Networked printers are available on all three levels.
- All printers support letter size printing. One printer in the Allen Library also supports 11” x 17” size printing.
- Two-sided printing is not available.
- Black and white computer printing costs $0.05 per page.
- Color printing, available only in the Mortensen Library, costs $0.50 per page.
- Printing must be paid using HawkCASH on a University ID or copier card. No bills or coins are accepted. See HawkCASH Cards below.
- Photocopiers are available in the Mortensen and Allen Libraries.
- Copies cost $0.10 per imprint, payable with HawkCASH on a University ID or copier card. No bills or coins are accepted. See HawkCASH Cards below.
- Mortensen Library copiers support letter or legal size copies.
- Allen Library copier supports letter or 11” x 17” size and one- or two-sided copies. Two-sided copies cost $0.20 per page.
The libraries do not provide fax services. For a fee, you can send and receive faxes at UHart's Print Services located in Hillyer Hall Room 135, 860.768.4370.
- University students, faculty, and staff have University ID cards which are set up to handle HawkCASH payments.
- Funds may be added to HawkCASH accounts with cash at a machine near the stairs on the main level of the library.
- Other machines are available in the Konover Center and the Gengras Student Union.
- Funds may also be added to HawkCASH accounts online.
- The University ID office, located in the Gengras Student Union (860.768.5343), can answer any questions about IDs.
- Alumni will be issued an Alumni Card which will accept HawkCASH deposits. These cards are given out by the Alumni Office.
- Visitors and others without University IDs may purchase copy cards for $1.00 at the Mortensen Circulation Desk. An additional $1.00 minimum must be added to the card to purchase printouts/copies.
The University’s ITS department has a staff member stationed on the main level of the Harrison Libraries for computer/laptop help, connectivity issues, and scanning and printing assistance. You can also consult their help pages or dial 860.768.4357 for Technology Services help.