Naomi Lerner Tussin '77
HARTFORD ART SCHOOL LIAISON
"It's always a thrill to be back on campus. My first job after college—a direct result of an HAS internship—was in Hartford and I chose to remain here, which makes it easy to stay involved. I believe in the University and the opportunities it provides its students beyond the curriculum. As someone who got to experience both campus life and the business world while an undergrad, I think it's important that I be available as a resource for today's students. As further proof of my commitment to UHart, I'm proud to say I am a parent of two alums, classes of 2011 and 2015!"
UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD DEGREE INFO
- BFA, two-dimensional design (graphic design), Hartford Art School
CURRENT CAREER INFO
- Owner/Designer, Naomi Jewelry
2003–present. Designed and produced in Avon, Conn.; currently sold in select galleries, jewelry stores, and boutiques in the US.
PAST CAREER INFO
- Art Director
Naftzger & Kuhe Advertising and Marketing, 1977–85.
- Owner/Creative Director
Lerner & Company, LLC, advertising and marketing 1985–2017.
UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD ACTIVITIES/VOLUNTEER SERVICE
- Student Orientation Advisor, 1975 and 1976.
- Student Orientation Liaison to faculty and the administration, 1977.
- Member, University of Hartford Associates, supporting the Hartford Scholars Program, 2002–2004.
- Committee member, HAS Alumni Forum, 2012–2017.
- Corporator, HAS Endowment, Inc. Board, 2013–2017.
- Co-Chair, Nominating Committee, HAS Endowment, Inc. Board, 2012–2014.
- Committee Member, Sol LeWitt Wall Drawing 797 Happening, 2015.
- Trustee, HAS Endowment, Inc. Board, 2017–present.
- Co-Vice President, HAS Endowment, Inc. Board, 2017–2018.
- Acting Co-President, HAS Endowment, Inc. Board, 2018–2019.
- Sponsor and volunteer, The Connecticut Forum, 2000–present.
- Volunteer and supporter, HARC Auction, 2003–2019.
- Secretary, The Endowment Fund of Beth El Temple Board of Trustees, 2009–present.
- Volunteer reader and supporter, United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut, 2014–2017.
- Committee member and supporter, Boys and Girls Club of Hartford, S.M.A.R.T. Girls Program, 2014–2015.
- Advisory Committee, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center Spirit of Women Initiative, 2018–present.