Apply to the LEAD Program
The Women's Advancement Initiative's LEAD (Leadership Education and Development) program is a leadership development and career readiness training program for undergraduate female students at the University of Hartford.
The organization is currently accepting applications to fill open spots in the junior (Class of 2022) and sophomore (Class of 2023) cohorts.
In addition to being a part of a network of female students, professional women, and community leaders, members will also develop skills in a variety of areas such as public speaking, self-confidence, decision making, self-care, professional interviewing, salary negotiation, and much more.
There is no cost to students to participate in the LEAD program. LEAD members:
• participate in an inclusive, supportive, and empowering community;
• interact with University and community leaders, professional women, faculty, staff, upper-class students, and alumnae;
• take part in leadership development training;
• attend social programs and events;
• cultivate mentoring and/or job shadowing relationships with professional community women;
• gain personal, professional, and practical life skills(including but not limited to public speaking, networking, interviewing, resume writing, mentoring, interpersonal communication skills, leadership skills, etc.);
• are eligible for scholarships to attend leadership and/or professional conferences; and
• obtain tools and techniques you can use as you navigate college and life’s challenges/opportunities.