Spring Pitch Competition - Reminder
The Spring 2022 Business Pitch Competition
A University-wide Event Sponsored by the Barney School of Business
Wednesday, April 13 at 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Step on up to the microphone. Pitch your business idea.
Up to $1,500 in Prizes…PLUS…the Alumni Award
- Who will be eligible: all University of Hartford students (Graduate & Undergraduate, Hillyer included)
- What to prepare: provide a one-minute pitch that covers the following:
- Company name
- Opportunity or problem that is tied to the offering or solution
- Cost or investment needed to start the business
- Detailed description of your target market
- Detailed description of the competitive environment
- Projected sales and profits
- Register for Pitch Competition by April 11 at midnight by email to Please contact Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship, Dr. Aydin Oksoy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Limited walk-in slots available after deadline (so sign up soon!)
- Physical location: Auerbach Hall 238
- Judges: University of Hartford alums, business professionals and professors
- Online/Remote Access link – will be sent to the registered participants and judge
- If interested, winners will be mentored by judges to proceed to the ‘big leagues’ across various Statewide (Connecticut) intercollegiate competitions. The following are sponsored by the Entrepreneurship Foundation, offering $15,000 in encouragement grants & free legal services, co-working and maker memberships.