Apply for the Innovations in Teaching and Learning Awards ($500)
The Innovations in Teaching and Learning Awards recognize innovative assignments and activities, in or out of the classroom, that positively affect student learning. Any full-time faculty member from any school or college regardless of rank or tenure status can be nominated. Faculty who team-teach courses may apply as a team.Nominations can come from colleagues, chairs, deans, and applicants themselves.
The Application Packet should be submitted as a single PDF file that contains:
- A nominee-prepared description (500 words, maximum) of the innovation that clearly states its teaching and learning goals as well as specific evidence of its effectiveness;
- A copy of student evaluations that include qualitative comments relevant to the innovation; and
- One to three letters from the nominee’s chair or colleagues specifically addressing the innovation rather than the nominee’s general teaching ability; one of these may be the nomination letter if the application is not from a self-nominee.
In the case of similarly ranked applications, preference will be given to:
- Applicants who have not recently received an Innovations in Teaching and Learning Award. Please indicate the most recent year you received an Innovations Award, if applicable.
Innovations prioritizing one or both of the following goals:
1. Greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the curriculum.
2. Further preparation to teach remotely.
Winners will be recognized at the August Faculty/Staff Kickoff and receive $500 in faculty development funds to be spent in the following academic year.
Please email the single PDF file to Don Jones, Associate Professor of English and 2020-2022 Harry Jack Gray Distinguished Teaching Humanist, at firstname.lastname@example.org before 4 p.m. EST on Monday April 11, 2022.