The Harrison Libraries provide access to hundreds of online databases. Some of these are also accessible via mobile apps. All University of Hartford students, faculty, and staff may use these apps. See below for access instructions to individual apps.
Naxos Music Library
Naxos Music Library is the world's largest online classical music library. Currently, it offers streaming access to more than 145,000 albums of both standard and rare repertoire. Over 800 new albums are added to the library every month.
To access the app:
- Open Naxos in a web browser.
- When prompted, click Remain on the current version.
- Click Mobile App in the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click Sign Up to create a free account.
- On your device, download the free NML app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Log into the app with your Naxos account credentials.
Questions? Contact Lisa Wollenberg (860.768.4840).
The New York Times
The New York Times is one of the world's leading newspapers. By creating an account, you can access all historical issues from 1851 to the present, as well as the New York Times Online Edition and NYT apps.
To access the apps:
- Connect to a campus network. (Use a campus computer with a wired connection, or connect your own device to hawknet or hawknet-guest while on campus.)
- Create a free account for the NYTimes.com Pass using your @hartford.edu email address.
- On your device, download your desired app from Google Play, the App Store, or the Amazon Appstore. See a full list of NYT apps.
- Log into the app with your NYT Pass account credentials
Questions? Contact Mortensen Reference (860.768.4142).