Accessibility in the Libraries
The University's policy and federal law call for reasonable accommodations to be made on an individual and flexible basis for patrons with disabilities. It is, however, incumbent upon the individual to seek assistance and make his/her needs known.
The following technology and services are available at the Harrison Libraries:
- The computer labs are wheelchair accessible.
- Two Talkman tape players are available through the Mortensen Circulation department. They are designed for playing four track tapes, the format of books on tape for the blind.
- By appointment, the Mortensen or Allen reference librarians will work with patrons with disabilities needing extensive assistance with computerized research tools.
- On request, library staff will retrieve materials from the stacks for patrons with disabilities.
- Photocopying will be done on request for patrons with disabilities, with a 24-hour (or next open day) turn around time. The patron will be responsible for copying costs.