Daylon Martin '96
Member at Large
"I volunteered to be a part of the efforts of the University of Hartford and the Alumni Association to improve student life and alumni engagement. I firmly believe that we can make a difference in the trajectory of a student’s potential if we listen and respond to their needs while encouraging the University to act and be accountable to the alumni."
UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD DEGREE INFO
- BSBA, business management, Barney School of Business
OTHER DEGREE INFO
- MS, adult education, North Carolina AT&T State University
CURRENT CAREER INFO
- Real Estate Broker/Owner
Daylon Martin and Associates, LLC, a full service commercial and residential consulting and property management company.
- Elected official for Jones County Board of Commissioners, second term.
- Chair, Middle Georgia Workforce Investment Board.
PAST CAREER INFO
Neighborhood Academy (private school in Macon, Ga).
- Business and career, technical, and agricultural education (CTAE) teacher, Bibb County School System, Macon, Ga.
- Organization and human performance consultant, Accenture, Charlotte, N.C.
- Technical leadership program sales engineer, General Electric, Bristol, Conn.
UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD ACTIVITIES/VOLUNTEER SERVICE
- President, Student Government Association (SGA), 1993–94.
- VP of Administration, SGA, 1992–93.
- VP of Student Affairs/Operations, SGA, 1991–92.
- Freshman Senator, SGA, 1990–91.
- President, Brothers and Sisters United (BSU), 1994–95.
- President, Phi Beta Sigma, 1993–95.
- Cross country team.
- DJ, WSAM radio.
- Red Caps.
- Founding member of Caribbean and American Students Association (CASA) and UHart Steppers.
- Member, NAACP.
- Member, Urban League.
- Yale LEAP tutor for Rice Heights.
- Advisory board member, Northeast, Central, and Hutchings Career Center High Schools.
- Leader and committee member, Boy Scouts.
- Coach, Jones County Youth Track and Field Team.
- Assistant coach, Macon Blaze Basketball Team.
- Volunteer, 21st Century Leaders of Georgia.
- Community service and mentoring volunteer, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Scholarship.
- Parent volunteer, Streetline Percussion Band.