Barney School of Business
Advance your career by earning two degrees from the Barney School of Business: the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Science in Business Analytics.
The MBA/MSBA dual degree program is an attractive option for students who wish to combine two popular master’s degrees while reducing the number of courses needed to complete each degree.
Questions? Email: GRADSVC@hartford.edu
- 60 credits (20 courses)
- 100% online or on-campus
- Part-time or full-time options available
- Fall, spring and summer start
- Rolling admission
- Affordable tuition
- Course catalog
- GMAT/GRE waiver information
- STEM designated course
About the Program
This dual program requires a total of 20 courses (60 credits) and graduates of the program are awarded their Master of Business Administration, as well as their Master of Science in Business Analytics.
In the MBA program, you are exposed to the knowledge, skills and values you need to become a successful manager. These concepts and skills apply to all types of organizations, including large corporations, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
The MSBA program is designed to give you a strong understanding of the fundamentals of analytics. With this degree you obtain the necessary quantitative, analytical, visualization and presentation skills to advance your career in the growing business data analytics culture.
Academic RequirementsFor more information, and to see a complete list of degree requirements, visit the Course Catalog.
MSBA Required Courses
You will need (8 core + 2 elective = 10 courses/30 credits). For more information, and to see a complete list of degree requirements, visit the Course Catalog.
- Introduction and Applications to Analytics in Business
- Managerial Statistics and Analytics
- Introduction to Business Analytics and Data Management
- Predictive Modeling
- Business Data Mining
- Strategic Business Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Business Analytics Capstone
MBA Required Courses
You will need (9 core + 1 elective = 10 courses/30 credits Managerial Statistics and Analytics. For more information, and to see a complete list of degree requirements, visit the Course Catalog.
- Managing Organizational Processes
- Organizational Leadership
- Business Law
- Global Strategic Management
- 1 substituted graduate elective 3 credit(s)
- An on-line application
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 for domestic applicants
- Official transcripts for all collegiate level coursework
- A letter of intent as specified in the application form
- Current resume
- Official results of the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) forwarded to the University of Hartford using school code XBB-NR -73.
If you are an international student, please read about additional requirements.
GMAT/GRE waivers are based on sufficient academic and/or professional history. To be considered for eligibility, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0+
- 3 years of substantial work experience
- Previous completion of a Masters or higher-level degree
If you believe you meet at least one of the criteria for a GMAT/GRE waiver, we encourage you to select this option within the online application. We will verify your eligibility during the review of your completed application. An interview may be requested for further verification of eligibility.
STEM Designated ProgramThis is a STEM Designated program, providing interdisciplinary technical and mathematical skills, as well as the business acumen needed to help solve complex business issues and help navigate the future of business.
STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) Designated Degree Programs are designated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. By enrolling in and finishing a STEM Designated program, international students may be able to stay in the United States for an extended period of time to meet the demand for workers with these skills.
|Per Credit Rate|
|Dual MBA/MSBA Fall 2023 and Spring 2024||$838.00|
|Dual MBA/MSBA Summer 2023||$838.00|
For more information regarding the Dual MBA/MSBA program, please contact us at GRADSVC@hartford.edu.