DMA, except Composition Students
COVID-19 Binding Update:
Please see the updated instructions for submitting dissertations, doctoral essays, and theses for this semester (spring 2020). Check with your faculty advisor, department head, or Ben Ide if you have questions.
All Doctor of Musical Arts students (except composition students) are also required to have their work published/microfilmed via ProQuest/UMI.
As part of the requirements for graduation, all Doctor of Musical Arts students must submit a minimum of two (2) paper copies of their thesis, essay, or dissertation to the University Libraries. The two (2) paper copies required will be bound and retained by the library. Students may submit additional paper copies to be bound at this time if they wish to obtain bound copies for their academic department, for their advisor(s), or for personal use.
The following is a checklist of items that must be received by the library in order for your thesis, essay, or dissertation submission to be considered complete:
- A minimum of two (2) paper copies of your thesis, essay, or dissertation. These two (2) copies MUST meet the format and printing requirements listed on the Binding Process web page.
- A completed copy of the Binding Form.
- Payment for the binding process:
- Payment should be made via cash, check, or money order payable to Mortensen Library.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept credit/debit card payments.
- Confirmation from ProQuest/UMI that you’ve submitted your thesis, essay or dissertation electronically via their ETD Administrator website. Please see the Electronic Submission Process page for instructions.
Office Hours and Location
Theses, essays, and dissertations that meet all library and departmental requirements should be brought to Melanee Van Haelen at Mortensen Library's Resource and Metadata Services Department.
- The Metadata Services Department is on the lower level of the library and is the third door on the right at the bottom of the stairs.
- Office hours are 8 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday–Friday.
- If you can not stop by during regularly scheduled hours, contact Melanee Van Haelen at 860.768.5950 or email@example.com to schedule a more convenient time.
Contact Melanee Van Haelen for additional information.