Weekly CETA updates to help propel your future.
Week of June 27, 2022
- Interim Department Chair transitions on July 1, 2022:
- Dr. Paul Slaboch will be the MAAE Department Chair.
- Dr. Saeid Moslehpour will be the ECE Department Chair.
We wish great luck to Dr. Ying Yu and Dr. Cy Yavuzturk on their sabbatical.
- K Commuter & Faculty Parking Lots will be CLOSED starting June 28, 2022. Learn more.
- Networking Opportunity: Flow Tech Demo Day will be held on September 7, 2022.
- The CETA Twitter & Instagram handles have been renamed to "@UHartCETA"
- Health Services will be closed from May 12, 2022 - August 17, 2022.
Career & Professional Development
- COHEAO Scholarship Application
- Division Newport Career Fair: June 29, 2022
- Environmental Protection Seasonal Resource Assistant
- Substation Technical Engineering Intern
- Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Resume/Cover Letter Review
If you would like a resume and/or cover letter review, please complete this form for feedback from the Office of Career and Professional Development. (Engineering Resume Example)
Important Dates & Notices
Residence Hall Move-In: August 18-21.
Final Registration: August 19.
Orientation Preview: August 19-20.
University Convocation: August 20.
Classes Begin: August 22.
We are excited to welcome you back to campus in the fall!
For the most recent COVID-19 procedures and protocols, please visit Healthy Hawks.
This portal will match students to donor-funded scholarships. Students will be able to direct-apply to specific scholarship opportunities as well as write letters of thanks directly to University donors.Available Scholarships
The tutoring center is your resource throughout the academic year.Signup
CETA Ambassador and civil engineering major, Paige DiCiccio '24, threw the first pitch at the Hartford Yard Goats game on June 4!
This opportunity was part of the Hartford Yard Goats' "STEM All-Star of the Game" initiative.
FSAE Races at Michigan International Speedway for the International Competition!
UHart’s Formula Society of Automotive Engineers (FSAE) organization recently attended the international competition located at Michigan International Speedway. FSAE is a collegiate engineering and design program where students create and build a formula race car during the year.
General Club and Student Involvement Updates
UHart Hub Index - All UHart Clubs & Organizations
Virtual Suggestions Box
Submit suggestions to the Student Government Association through the Virtual Suggestions Box. Use this to submit questions, comments, and concerns regarding student life on campus.
Student Life Calendar
Access this calendar to learn more about events going on throughout the semester.
Student Government Association (SGA)
Use this form to submit an event or inquiry to Hawk Talk, SGA's weekly email.
(Please note: Submissions must be sent by the Friday night before the Hawk Talk is sent out).
CETA-Specific Clubs & Organizations
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
- American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Construction Institute Student Organization (CISO)
- Cybersecurity Club
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
- Formula Society of Automotive Engineers (FSAE) / Hartford Racing
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMAS)
- oSTEM Club for LGBTQ+ People in STEM
- ReTail Records
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- UHart Public Speaking Club
- Women in Architecture and Design (WAD)
Allison Poulin/Dean's Office
For: Contact for CETA's dean's office, if you are unsure if your question falls into any of the other e-mail categories, needing an authorized signature from a dean, and reporting concerns/issues of CETA spaces.
Colleen Krusiewicz/Dean's Office
For: Contact for CETA's dean's office, if you are unsure if your question falls into any of the other e-mail categories, if you need an authorized signature from a dean, and reporting concerns/issues of CETA spaces.
For: Graduate admission and recruitment, graduate admission events, 4+1 program, and transfer credits.
For: Undergraduate student services assistance, including: seniors' degree evaluations; verification of student academic status; policies, procedures & requirements; student/parent questions; and status verifications.
For: Undergraduate admission and recruitment, prospective students and families, CETA-specific tours, and admission events.
For: Marketing, website, UNotes, social media, news story, student/alumni/faculty spotlights, CETA Bulletin Bytes announcements, and fliers for TV displays.
For: Purchasing items for College, and work-study questions.
For: Assistance needed with CETA computers (UT/Dana/Architecture).
For: Questions regarding machine shop.