Student Administrative and Financial Services

The Business of Being a Student

As part of the Center for Student Success, students can receive administrative and financial guidance, including registration, payment, enrollment verification, access to academic records, and general financial aid information.

Location: Gengras Student Union, Center for Student Success
Monday—Friday, 8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m.

Our Services

Make a Payment

Payments may be made with check or credit card online. Please visit the payment Info page for acceptable forms of payment.

Payment Information
Billing and Payment Plans

We are dedicated to help answer your questions about billing and payments.

Withdrawal Policy

Requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing to the Registrar and the Student Administrative Center. In determining the percentages of refund, the effective date of withdrawal will be the date on which we received notice of withdrawal in writing.

Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Class Registration

Students register online through the Self-Service Center or in person at the Center for Student Success.

Refund Requests

University of Hartford delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.

Refund Choices—Bankmobile
Information on Account Holds

There are a number of different types of holds that can be placed on your record. Some examples include financial holds from the Bursar’s Office and Immunization holds from Health Services.

Student Holds
FERPA Questions and Changes

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a federal law that is designed to protect the privacy of and limit access to the education records of students.

Veteran Benefits

Veterans of the United States military, their spouses, and dependents are often eligible for educational funding through the Montgomery G.I. Bill® (Chapter 30), the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® (Chapter 33), the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Education Assistance Bill (Chapter 35), and other programs sponsored by the Veterans Administration (VA).

Veteran Benefits
Tuition Insurance

Helping you get the most out of your University of Hartford experience is always our top priority. That’s why we've partnered with GradGuard to make the Tuition Protection Plan available to our families.

Tuition Insurance

Frequently Asked Questions

At the Student Administrative Services Center located on the second floor of the Beatrice Auerbach Computer and Administration building. The front offices of Bursar and Registrar have combined to create a one-stop service for students, where you can register and make payment with the same person. Please sign-in at the Reception desk. Students may also check with their advisor to see if they are able to register on-line. Registration may be available online. Please check with your advisor.  Payments may be made with check or credit card online. Please visit the Payment Info page for acceptable forms of payment.

Cost of attendance relies upon many different variables. The cost of attendance used by the Financial Aid Office does not depend on residency and may include costs not billed through the Bursar office.  Please visit the Tuition and Fees section of the Bursar office website for detailed cost information.

The University of Hartford accepts cash, check, traveler check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American express.  Please note that credit card payments can only be process inline through CASHNet and are subject to a 2.75% processing fee.

Cash and traveler check payments should be made at the Student Administrative Services located on the second floor of the Beatrice Auerbach Administration building.

Check payments can be made online via CASHNet. Check payments can also be mailed along with the top portion of the billing statement to Center for Student Success, 200 Bloomfield Avenue West Hartford CT 06117. Check payments need to be made payable to the University of Hartford and be payable in U.S. dollars through a U.S. bank.  Students will be responsible for any fees the University is charged for foreign collections and insufficient funds. Please make sure to mail all scholarship checks directly to the Center for Student Success for proper credit.

Charge payments must be made online via the CASHNet service. Students should sign up their parents or other responsible parties as an authorized payer. Students can access this through the Student Self Service Center. 

If  you are a current student, you also may order official transcripts after logging in to your self-service account.

You can have your transcript delivered by one fo the methods below.

  • Electronic transcript, a secure, digitally signed PDF sent to the recipient. (It is your responsibility to verify that the recipient will accept delivery of an electronic transcript.) The cost for an electronic transcript is $17.50 per copy.
  • Paper copy, sent by the US Postal Service. Rush requests will be processed and sent within three business days from receipt of the request. Regular requests will be processed and sent within 10 business days from receipt of the request. The cost for a  rush transcript is $13.50 per copy, non-rush transcripts are $7.50 per copy
  • Paper copy, picked up at the Student Administrative Services Center located on the second floor of the Computer Center. A photo ID is required to pick up the transcript to verify your identity. Rush requests will be ready for pick up after three business days from receipt of the request. Regular requests will be ready for pick up after 10 business days from receipt of the request. The cost for a  rush transcript is $13.50 per copy, non-rush transcripts are $7.50 per copy
  • Please note that the Registrar's office will not process transcripts if you have a hold on your account. Holds include cashier restriction, Stafford/Perkins exit requirements and health immunization restrictions.  

We issue a 'memo credit' on student accounts for pending loans as long as all the proper paperwork has been completed and processed.  Please be sure you have properly completed the MPN (master promissory note).  Federal Stafford and Perkins loans require the MPN be completed prior to issuing a memo credit.  Other loans including, PLUS, EXCEL, CT FELP, TERI, CitiASSIST, will not memo until the school has certified the loan.  If you have submitted a promissory note to a lender you may fax this information to our office at (860)768-4886 and we can review the student account. Include the student name, ID number, name of contact person and telephone number where you can be reached.

The University does not consider outside scholarships a payment until the actual check is received and credited on your account. Therefore, outside scholarships do follow the same payment due dates as tuition payments. You will need to make sure that they have the current due dates for your tuition. If payment is not expected by the due date, you will need to pay your account balance in full and can request a refund when the scholarship money is received and your Bursar account reflects a credit balance.