Friends of Harrison Libraries
The Friends of Harrison Libraries are a group of strong supporters of the University of Hartford’s W.H. Mortensen Library and the Mildred P. Allen Library for Music and Dance, and are the driving force behind many of the recent remarkable renovations and improvements made to the libraries’ structure and resources. Like you, they believe that strong libraries make strong institutions and help drive the intellectual life and creativity of the University and the local community.
An Investment in the Future
The Harrison Libraries are dedicated to advancing the knowledge of students, faculty, and staff by providing the human and technological resources that foster intellectual curiosity and skills for life-long learning. Your support ensures the Harrison Libraries will continue to remain a thriving learning center that is continuously looking for ways to expand the breadth of its technology and resources for the benefit of students, faculty, staff, and the larger community.
Why Your Friends Membership is Needed
Your membership strengthens the Libraries and the University by helping us to:
- Invest in leading-edge technologies, a hallmark of the best academic libraries
- Acquire print and electronic materials essential to research
- Offer innovative programs that bring scholarly and creative work audiences
- Expand our efforts to connect with the local community and the role in region’s educational and cultural life
- Prepare our future leaders, scientists, teachers, and health professionals by attracting and retaining the best educators and students
Benefits of Your Friends Membership
As a Friend, you will play a key role in securing a strong future for the Harrison Libraries and enjoy a special relationship with the Libraries through a variety of invitation-only cultural, educational, and social events throughout the year. To learn more about the Friends of the Harrison Libraries, email Randi Ashton-Pritting, director, Harrison Libraries, at email@example.com.