The Mortensen Library is the general library at the University of Hartford and houses all of the library's collections with the exception of music. The original Mortensen Library was built beginning in 1969, and was expanded as part of the new Harry Jack Gray Center in 1989. An expansion was completed in 2017 to house the Allen Library and allow more study areas for students.
The Allen Library houses music and dance materials and supports The Hartt School programs. It was founded as the Hartt Library in 1938 and is located on the lower level of Harrison Libraries.
On November 21, 2016, the University of Hartford named Harrison Libraries in honor of University President Walter Harrison, who retired in June 2017 after 19 years leading the University.