A Scholarship Program for Recent UHart Graduates
The University of Hartford launched a new scholarship program to help recent UHart graduates navigate the unprecedented challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Forward Scholarship provides a scholarship for up to half tuition to all qualifying UHart students earning their undergraduate degrees between fall 2019 and summer 2021. This award may apply to students who wish to pursue certain graduate degree programs at the University beginning spring, summer, and fall of 2021.
Students interested in must:
- Have at least a 2.8 GPA for most programs—some programs require a 3.0 GPA. Details are provided on the individual program pages (linked below).
- Complete the Forward Scholarship form
- Apply to the program of interest
- Be accepted for admission
- University of Hartford graduates earning their undergraduate degrees between fall 2019 and summer 2021 and entering into one of the graduate programs now through fall 2021 are eligible for the scholarship for up to half tuition.
- Scholarships will start with entry into Summer 2021 or Fall 2021 terms.
- Scholarships will automatically renew until students complete their program of study, as long as they maintain satisfactory academic standing.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid will complete an official review of a student's file to determine eligibility for this award. The Forward Scholarship cannot be combined with any other non-need based award offers.
Programs of Study
The Forward Scholarship is available for the following Master’s programs:
Barney School of Business
- business administration
- business analytics
- accounting and taxation
- dual degrees, accounting and taxation certificates
College of Arts and Sciences
- organizational psychology (on-campus; typically fall start program)
- school psychology (fall start only)
College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions
College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture
- civil engineering (MS); civil engineering (MEng)
- electrical and computer engineering (MS); electrical and computer engineering (MEng)
- environmental engineering
- mechanical engineering (MS); mechanical engineering (MEng)
- professional certificates
Hartford Art School
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Forward Scholarship program is available for eligible part-time and full-time students.
The Forward Scholarship program will be available to recent UHart graduates for the duration of your program as long as you maintain satisfactory academic standing.
Not sure if you qualify? We can help. Contact Graduate Admission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this specific scholarship program, students must have a conferral date of September 2019 through September 2021. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Currently we are accepting students on a rolling admission basis.
First, congratulations on your acceptance! The Forward Scholarship is available for UHart students who have recently been accepted into one of the eligible programs and meet all other requirements. If this is you, reach out to Graduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the scholarship form.
While the Forward Scholarship is only available for students interested in the programs listed above, the University will do whatever we can to support students interested in one of our other graduate programs. For specific financial aid questions, please email Graduate Admission at email@example.com.