Accelerated and Dual Degree Programs
Looking for a way to fast-track your academic program? UHart offers a number of options to earn a combined bachelor’s and master’s degree in less time. We also offer dual-degree programs that give you the opportunity to earn two degrees or certifications in one program.
Barney School of Business
- Barney 3+1 Program - Combined BS/MBA: Earn an undergraduate degree and your MBA in just four years! Choose from one of seven undergraduate majors and complete the coursework for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in just three years. Take an accelerated schedule that includes Summer and Winterterm courses. Then, move immediately into the full-time MBA or MS in Accounting and Taxation.
College of Arts and Sciences
- BS in Biology/Doctor of Pharmacy: In conjunction with the University of Saint Joseph Pharmacy School, UHart offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and a Doctor of Pharmacy degree in six years. Once you are accepted into the pharmacy program at Saint Joseph’s, you complete requirements for the BS in Biology at Saint Joseph’s during your senior year and begin your pharmacy coursework.
- BA/BS in Biology and MS in Neuroscience: Complete both a Bachelor of Arts or Science in Biology and a Master of Science in Neuroscience in five years with our new 4+1 program. Take graduate-level coursework your senior year that will count toward requirements of both the undergraduate and graduate degree.
- Accelerated BA in Psychology/MS in Organizational Psychology: You can earn both a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Science in Psychology in five years if you have demonstrated a commitment to academic excellence and know by your junior year that you wish to pursue a master's degree in organizational psychology.
- Accelerated BA/MA in Communication (4+1): This program enables students to complete both a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in Communication in five years. This program is designed for exceptional undergraduate students who have demonstrated a commitment to academic excellence and who know in their junior year that they wish to pursue a master’s degree.
- Accelerated Education 4+1 Programs: Earn a bachelor's degree in early childhood, elementary, or integrated special education and a Master of Education (MEd) in Special Education in only five years in the 4+1 programs. Connecticut and many other states require teachers to complete a master's degree in order to maintain their teaching certification, and teachers with master's degrees typically earn higher salaries.
- BS in Exercise Science/Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT): Our combined BS/DPT program has an option to accelerate your undergraduate degree in our 3+3 program that consists of six academic semesters (3 years) and two full-time summers. You will then move into the 3 year full-time DPT program.
- BS in Health Sciences/MS in Prosthetics & Orthotics: The combined BS/MSPO is a five-year program. Students enter the program as freshmen, complete the undergraduate BS in Health Sciences, and begin the professional MSPO program during their fourth year.
- BS in Health Sciences/MS in Occupational Therapy: The combined BS/MSOT is a five-year program. Students complete the requirements for the bachelor’s degree and begin the professional program in the fourth year, completing the master's degree by the end of the fifth year.
- BS in Health Sciences/Pre-Chiropractic: The combined Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Chiropractic (BS/DC) program between the University of Hartford and New York Chiropractic College offers an accelerated program that typically allows for the completion of the BS/DC degrees in a six-and-1/3-year period.
- BS in Health Sciences/Pre-Optometry: The combined Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Optometry (BS/OD) program between the University of Hartford and the New England College of Optometry offers an accelerated program that typically allows for the completion of the BS/OD degrees in a seven-year period.
- BS in Health Sciences/Pre-Pharmacy: The combined Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Pharmacy (BS/PharmD) program between the University of Hartford and the Notre Dame of Maryland University School of Pharmacy offers an accelerated program that typically allows for the completion of the BS/PharmD degrees in a seven-year period.
- BS in Health Sciences/Pre-Podiatry: The combined Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (BS/DPM) program between the University of Hartford and New York College of Podiatric Medicine offers an accelerated program that typically allows for the completion of the BS/DPM degrees in a seven-year period.
College of Engineering, Technology and Architecture
- 4+1 Program (BS + MEng degrees): The program is designed to allow full-time engineering students to earn their BS and MEng degrees in five years. Students usually commit to the program at the start of the second semester of their junior year. The following undergraduate engineering programs qualify:
- BS in Architectural Design + Technology and Master of Architecture: Students can earn both degrees within five years of study. This is available through Track 1 of the Master of Architecture program.
Undergraduate Dual Degree/Certificate Programs
College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions
- BS in Integrated Elementary/Special Education - This program allows students to earn two Connecticut teaching certifications in four years - elementary education (grades 1-6) and special education (K-12). The dual certification gives students more career options.
- BS in Radiologic Technology - Students earn their professional credential in radiography and have the option to earn a second credential in advanced imaging during their senior year - sonography, CT or MRI.
College of Engineering, Technology and Architecture
CETA offers five year plans for completing the dual degrees below. Interested students should contact their academic advisor to discuss this option.
Graduate Dual Degree/Certificate Programs
- Dual Master of Architecture (MArch)/Master of Business Administration (MBA): This partnership between the Barney School of Business and the College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture (CETA) provides a broader focus for architecture professionals moving into management and leadership tracks.
- Dual Master of Science in Organizational Psychology(MSOP)/Master of Business Administration (MBA): This 60-credit program is 12 fewer credits than if you pursued both degrees separately. You will pair an increased business acumen with an in-depth knowledge of people in organizations. This program helps you understand the research and data processes that support and drive best practices in organizations, and connects you with high-quality faculty and alumni networks in both the Barney School of Business and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Dual Master of Engineering (MEng)/Master of Business Administration (MBA): This partnership between the Barney School of Business and the College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture provides a broader focus for engineers moving into management and leadership tracks. The program requires a total of 60 credits – that’s 6 fewer credits than if you pursued the degrees separately.
- Transitional Master of Science in Prosthetics & Orthotics (MSPO)/Business Certificate to MBA program: Students in the Transitional MSPO program have the option to complete a stackable certificate in business in cooperation with the Barney School of Business. The stackable certificates (5-9 courses) provide prosthetics and orthotics professionals with a strong foundation in business and set the stage for completing the MBA if desired. The MBA can be completed with an additional 3-7 courses depending on the completed stackable certificate(s).
- Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Accounting and Taxation (MBA/MSAT): The dual MBA/MSAT program is for those without a business undergraduate degree who wish to fulfill the requirements to become a CPA. It is also aimed at those working in a corporate environment who would benefit from having a specialized degree in accounting and an MBA. Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in accounting or take the equivalent accounting courses. You can take those courses as part of the degree program or as an accounting certificate prior to enrolling in the MSAT/MBA.
- Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Business Analytics (MBA/MSBA): The MBA/MSBA dual degree program is an attractive option for students who wish to combine two popular master’s degrees while reducing the number of courses needed to complete each degree.